19 February 2013

Paloma Faith at Cambridge Corn Exchange

This is taking a slight step away from my usual blog post, but I had too much of an amazing time not to talk about it. On Sunday, I went to the Cambridge Corn Exchange with Ali, who I met on the Phoenix Forum, to see Paloma Faith on the last night of her tour. I missed out on tickets nearer me, so when Ali offered to take me along, I was pretty excited. I expected Paloma to be even better live than on CD as she prefers to perform than record, and I wasn't disappointed.
Ali and I got all dressed up -hair, make up, outfit -the full works, which was really fun. I was a little worried about wearing heels as it was a standing performance, but the added three or four inches of height turned out to be a hidden blessing -the hall was packed and I'm hardly the tallest of people, so my peep toes gave me a slight height advantage over the norm.

 I wore my antique cameo broach which I think is Victorian. None of the rest of my outfit was vintage, sadly, unlike Ali, who looked fabulous.


We had a fantastic night; Paloma Faith has an incredible voice, and is a genuinely lovely, funny person. She sang songs from her current and first album as well as a couple of covers.

I may have had to travel some 200 miles to go and see her, but it was so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...