15 June 2012

Quiche Lorraine

Due to parent demand, I made another of <a href="https://twitter.com/#!/rkhooks"nofollow">Rachel Khoo's</a> gorgeous Quiche Lorraines. I'm afraid we were so hungry that the quiche got bolted down, with seconds, before I even thought about photos. But I think that my quiche came out well enough to deserve being represented by a photo of the original recipe by Rachel.
It is so easy to make, yet so good. Simply make a basic short crust pastry and chill, overnight ideally. Roll out the pastry into a greased tin and rest in the fridge while you prepare your filling: fry 150g a lardons until cooked; mix 4 eggs and 2 eggs yolks with 300ml of creme fraiche. Season, pour onto the pastry and leave in a 180'C/gas mark 4 oven for 30-45 minutes.

Then serve up and feel fabulous!
E x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...